Sunday, September 13, 2009

NEW - - hair ~ nephew ~ tradition

Well quite a bit has been going on these past few weeks! And I'm happy to share that it has ALL been good stuff!

First things first... I got a new do! I had been wanting to do this for quite some time but always chickened out. So finally I just did it! I DYED my hair RED!!! And I love it!

Second... Chase and I got a new nephew!! Mr. Tye James Cook was born on Aug. 31st! My brother Jason and his wife Laree welcomed him with open arms! But how could you not when he is so stinkin adorable! I'm a proud auntie and even got him a bib to prove his love for me! It says "I love my Auntie!" He is going to be a heart-breaker for sure!

And the last excitement we have had was going to Peach Days in Brigham and enjoyed some famous peach cobbler! While we were there we HAD to ride one carnival ride and we chose "SPIN OUT" - - for those of you who are unfamiliar with the carni rides, it is similar to the Samurai at Lagoon. Holy cow, I was ready to cry by the time we were done! Hands down, best carnival ride ever!!! Also, we were able to see Jon Schmidt perform his "Taylor Swift meets Viva la Vida" song! It was amazing! Again, truly a major motivator to get my piano inside my house!

Stevi & I - -so excited to see Jon Schmidt

And to finish the night, we headed up to Mantua to camp! We found a spot at "Dock Flat" :) It started out as an eventful night and continued to progress! While there I showed how we Idaho girls gather firewood! We had neighbors who came over to invite us to their "camp party" - - we declined. Then later they started shooting guns! Totally not okay in the hunters safety guidelines. I feared for my life for a few! But then they quit. We camped out under the stars in the back of the truck! Such a great time! Cheesy filled hot dogs + The Phillips' + The Sherman's=LOADS OF FUN! It is going to be must every year!


1 comment:

Kimberly said...

LOVE the new hair!! Bow chick wow wow! :) SO CUTE!! Tye is a cutie!! AND I'm totally jealous you got to see Jon Schmidt! I love that song!! So cool!! Looks like you've had a fun summer!!