Monday, June 2, 2008

Weekend In Idaho...

This last weekend, Chase and I went up to my parents house in Idaho to start working on our log bed. We worked on it all day Saturday and made pretty good headway!! Hopefully we can have it done by mid-July!! Its a lot of work, but it will be well worth it when its done.



On Sunday me and Chase, my mom & dad, and Jason and Laree went hiking out to the Cedars. Its kind of a place our family can call our own. There are not a lot of people who know about this little oasis of Cedar trees out in the middle of the lava flow! My unlce Jim says that they are Lebanon Cedars, and that these are the only ones he knows about west of the Mississippi, and of course besides those that actually grow in Lebanon. The hike was fun, and it was great weather. While we were out we saw some snakes, a few rattlers and a few blow snakes. My brother killed one of the rattlers and we took it home and dad proceeded to show us how to skin a snake! It was the craziest thing, because even after the head had been chopped off and tossed to the side, the body of the snaked moved like it was going somewhere. We tried to film it, but I couldn't find the movie option on the camera... So sorry, it would have been cool!



I always love to go home.. We always end up doing something fun!

1 comment:

Lindsay Spencer said...

I read your blog last week and this post wasn't here. Weird. Okay, my boys would love that snake story. That's why I'm not going to tell them. I can just see them looking for a rattler up camping. Carter will skin anything. He cleaned the stinky brain out of the deer skull. Chad couldn't even do it without gagging.