Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Shoshone Falls

Over the weekend Chase and I ventured up to my parents house in Idaho. It was a fun weekend! We celebrated my cousins wedding Friday night at his reception, and on Saturday my family got up and went to the Twin Falls, Idaho temple open house. That was a really neat experience, I had never been to an open house before. Though I remember the sealing room from the Salt Lake temple from when my family was sealed together. It was pretty cool to have my entire family together and experience that. What beautiful craftmanship that goes into building the house of the Lord. Amazing.

After that we went to Shoshone Falls. It was roaring pretty good considering the time of year. Its usually at its peak at the very beginning of summer and then dies off before summer is over. This year it has kept a pretty good flow going. On our way there we saw these huge bull elk on the ridge line going down the canyon. At first I thought... holy hell there are a lot of elk right here, that didn't seem right. And then we realized its a new elk farm that is on your way to the falls!! Tons of people were stopped to take pics. But I'll admit it was pretty awesome to see them all standing on the ledge with their huge antlers!

What a great weekend spent with the Cooks!! I love it!


No comments: