Monday, September 1, 2008

Weekend Events!!

So normally on a long holiday weekend people take a little trip somewhere, we decided this time to stay home and just enjoy ourselves. And we did...

Friday night we had some friends over (thanks to those who made it)!! We had big plans to play croquet, and maybe a wii tourney (Thanks to the Jaques' for bringing it), and hang out. Before we could get outside to get the croquet going it was dark - - - such a sad time when you notice it is getting dark before 9:00, and we tried to get the wii tourney in place - - but no one was feelin it. So instead we ordered pizza and just hung out. Lindy and her little boy Maddux came, and boy are we glad she brought him. He was our total entertainment for the night!!
My favorite line from him was when I was trying to get him to pet our cat, and he says to me "I can't... She's black and I already washed my hands today!!!" I thought that was pretty great. Chase and Kelly enjoyed swinging him around in a blanket, making him so dizzy I was sure he'd puke!! And for some reason Chase drew a kitty face on him with markers. Thanks for being such a great Mom Lindy!!

Saturday we slept in later than usual and it was soooo nice!! I cleaned a little and around 11:30 we got a visit from my brother Jared, his wife Emilie, and my totally cute niece Makell. They hung out and chatted and mostly we stared at Makell!! When they left Chase and I headed down to the Gateway to meet his brother Chad and his wife, Fernanda. It was the Brazilian festival or something like that and Fernanda wanted to go. (They got married in Brazil a year ago, and she finally made it back after going through the long process of getting a Visa. So we are very glad to finally have her around) It was a lot of fun. I imagine it would be what a fair would be like in Brazil. They had all kinds of foods you could try, a band playing, lots of booths with very pretty jewlery and tons of people! We tried a few of the foods, our favorite was some kind of dumpling with shredded chicken inside and deep fried!! YUM!! They also had lemonade to die for!! It was amazing. We browsed the booths and listeded to the band a little. And of course we shopped!! (What is the point in going to the Gateway if you don't shop?!)

It was a great weekend!! We'll see what this Labor Day has in store for us... so far not looking good. Rainy, cold and drab outside!! Someone CALL US!!!

1 comment:

The Ralls said...

That was a fun night, Im glad we just bucked up and went after all.