Monday, September 8, 2008

First Week of School!!!

So I have made it through my first week of school!! I think I deserve a pat on the back. Here are a few things we did in our first week. (Its only Tues, Wed, Thurs and Sat) Tuesday we jumped right into things!! The first hour of class is Theory, which consists of highlighting important things in our book and working on our workbook. Then we went straight into learning eyelash extensions!!
Wednesday we started learning our massage techniques for facials and I got to give my first mini-facial to a classmate!

Thursday I was the recipient of a facial, and Saturday we did another facial, finished our workbooks, lash extensions and our Chapter 4 test.

Chapter 4 was on anatomy & physiology... who knew there were so many muscles, nerves and bones in a human face?!
I was pretty nervous since we didn't have much of a heads up and since we were new she wasn't going to make us test on it, but then changed her mind!! But I was very proud of myself, I studied a little - - not as hard as I could have but I managed an 88%!! Yay for me!

7 comments:

Lindsay Spencer said...

I want to be the first experiment. As soon as you need someone to come in, I'll be there. :)

Dave and Jayme Richards said...

That sounds like so much fun! I want to take the class now!!! :0)

Clint said...

Good job Amanda! I'll be one of your guinea pigs in Rupert. I will also volunteer Clint to be one as well, his eyebrows need some control!

Kimberly said...

I think that's great you're going back to school -- that's something you'll be great at! I'm sure your mom is looking forward to 'free pampering!'

Genna said...

Hey that sounds like a but load of learning! Good job on the test! And I want to jump in line for any guinea pig'n that you need to do!

About us said...

Yeah Amanda! YOu go girl. That sounds like a lot of work, but a lot of fun. I love anatomy and physiology. They were my most favorite subjects in high school and college. Good Luck with your next tests...and how about you teach me some stuff and we can do trades.

PhillipsFamily said...

Hello I am sooo jealous! It looks like so much fun. Guess what we have a new blog! yay. I will be in charge of this one so it will be updated on a regular basis. So now you can remove the getto one you have on your list right now. phillipsfam2.blogspot.com Love you guys and miss you too. Jamie