Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Why I LOVE this time of year...

There is a lot to get excited about during this time of year. Looking forward to all of the summer Bear Lake trips, and exciting summer activities makes this one of my favorite times of the year. I stopped for a minute today to get some pictures of a few of the things I love the most during the Spring months.

The first one being the spring runoff waterfall in Willard. I can't even explain how this puts a smile on my face every time I pass by! I love watching it when its at its fullest, just knowing that summer is on its way and that the mountains will be beautiful and green soon!

I'm a nature lover at heart! I love to plant flowers and watch them slowly grow and bloom into beautiful colors. If I could I would have a huge garden (both vegetable and flower) and I would be in them every day weeding and enjoying the satisfaction it brings to me. We planted a couple of pepper plants in a pot this year and its so fun watching them grow into something I will soon be able to eat! And I bought a Gerbera Daisy to keep inside and it has slowly been blooming and is finally there! I love it - - - I am smiling just thinking about it.

And of course last but not least... the amazing sunsets that we get to see out of our kitchen window. Willard Bay may not be amazing for many things, but the sunsets awesome!! This was taken late at night with the last light of day illuminating the water.


2 comments:

Lindsay Spencer said...

Granola! Kidding. I love nature too. We're almost ready to put sod in. Since you love nature so much you could come and help! Just think of the calories we'll be burning in the process. :)

Jen and Ryan said...

I had a little garden on our balcony for a while, then I went away for a week and our roommate didnt water them for me so they all DIED! I am so sad! Except I lost my desire to plant new ones...my green thumb comes and goes. Maybe when we have our own house I can have a garden and keep it pretty!