Friday, September 19, 2008

Painted Room!!

So today I had the day off and my mom came down to visit and help me paint our bedroom. I have been wanting to paint for quite a while, but its so scary choosing a color and just going with it... So finally I found some colors that I decided would look good, and let me tell ya - - - I LOVE IT!!


Not to sound braggy, but it looks so good, I just want to sit in my bedroom now and just stare at how different it looks and even feels. I did the wall that our bed sits against a dark brown (called BonBon from Lowes) and the other walls are called Chantrelle (also from Lowes). I absolutely loved the brown when it was done, but the other color kinda scared me a little, but once it was on all the walls I was okay with it.


It was definitely a project... alright I'm lieing, it only took from about 8:00 to 12:30 to finish it. That included all the taping and everything!! Not to shabby! Here are some before and after pics - - they kind of don't really do it justice, but you get the point. Oh I was also proud of my curtains!! Lame, I know but I'm not really good at that kind of decorating!



BEFORE


AFTER

6 comments:

Lindsay Spencer said...

Very nice! I love those colors too. I'm going to do those in my house too.

The Ralls said...

I love it! Yay for us for making our houses pretty!!!!

Clint said...

I really like it! I want to paint a couple of rooms in our new house but I think I'll wait a little while and get settled in first. And I also have the same problem with choosing colors.

Cottle said...

Chase and Amanda, You did a great job with the painting it looks great. I love the colors you chose. So I have to ask where you took your header photo it looks like a resort in cancun. We'd love to get together sometime now that we are back in town. Let me know :)

KCJaques said...

Go brown!!

PhillipsFamily said...

I like the paint. It looks like its coming along! I am glad you had a happy birthday. You will love your ipod. They are lifechanging.